Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, faculty of medicine, Tabriz university of medical sciences, Tabriz. Iran
2. Ali Reza Naseri: Assistant Professor of Radiotherapy, Department of Radiology, Rahat Breath and Sleep Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Introduction: Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a potentially fatal complication with numerous risk factors. Low vitamin D levels may also play a role in the development of this complication. As a result, the purpose of this study was to examine serum vitamin D levels in patients diagnosed with DVT following total mastectomy.
Methodology: This cross-sectional descriptive study was carried out on 122 mastectomy candidates who had postoperative DVT in hospitals affiliated with Tabriz University of Medical Sciences between 2017 and 2020. The chi square test was used to investigate the serum vitamin D level prior to surgery and its role in the occurrence of DVT.
Results: The findings suggested that low vitamin D levels were associated with the development of DVT, and that low vitamin D levels were lower in older people, those with a high BMI, and women with diabetes mellitus.
Conclusions: DVT after mastectomy is caused by a low serum vitamin D level, and older age, high BMI, and diabetes can all contribute to the exacerbation of this complication.
- G. Ulrich, A. Barsella, A. Boeglin, S. Niu, R. Ziessel, ChemPhysChem. 15, 2693 (2014).
- ML. Agazzi, JE. Durantini, NS. Gsponer, AM. Durantini, SG. Bertolotti, EN. Durantini, Chem Phys Chem, 20, 1110 (2019).
- Z-H. Pan, G-G. Luo, J-W. Zhou, J-X. Xia, K. Fang, R-B. Wu, Dalton Trans., 43, 8499 (2014).
4. J. Kabatc, B. Jedrzejewska, A. Bajorek, and J. Paczkowski, J. Fluoresc, 16, 525 (2006).
5. EN. Kaya, B. Köksoy, S. Yeşilot, M. Durmuş, Dyes and Pigments, 172, 107867 (2020).
6. Y. Liu, L. Yang, C. Ma, A. Tangb, Dyes and Pigments, 173, 107981 (2020).
7. A. Ortiz, Dyes and Pigments, 171, 107690 (2019).
8. T. Rappitsch, I. Klimant, S.M. Borisov, Dyes and Pigments, 174, 108037 (2020).
9. T. Xu, C. Yan, Y. Wu, C. Yuan, X. Shao, Dyes and Pigments, 168, 235 (2019).
10. Z. Khanjari, B. Mohtat, R. Ghiasi, H. Djahaniani, F. K. Behbahani, Main Group Chemistry, 20, 59 (2021).
11. R. Ghiasi, Z. Zandiyeh, Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 124, 108412 (2021).
12. M. Nilchi, R. Ghiasi, E. Mohammadi Nasab. Journal of the Chilean Chemical Society, 64, 4360 (2019).
13. P. Parsa, R. Ghiasi, A. Marjani. Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 127, 10849 (2021).
14. M. Kiani, R. Ghiasi, H. Pasdar, B. Mirza. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 94, 345 (2020).
15. M. Kiani, R. Ghiasi, H. Pasdar, B. Mirza. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 300, 112327 (2020).
16. M. Laine, N. A. Barbosa, A. Kochel, B. Osiecka, G. Szewczyk, T. Sarna, P. Ziółkowski, R. Wieczorek, A. Filarowski. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 238, 548 (2017).
17. N. Shajari, R. Ghiasi, M. Soltani, A. R. Kazemizadeh, Int. J. New. Chem., 7, 283 (2020).
18. Z. Jianzhang, K. Xu, W. Yang, Z. Wang, F. Zhong. Chemical Society Reviews, 44, 8904 (2015).
19. V. Daneshdoost, R. Ghiasi, A. Marjani. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 94, 2594 (2020).
20. Y. Zhao, D.G. Truhlar, Theor. Chem. Acc., 120, 215 (2006).
21. JD. Chai, M. Head-Gordon, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 10, 6615 (2008).