Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Tuberculosis and Lung Disease Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Associate Professor of Radiology, Tuberculosis and Lung Disease Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Introduction: Because long-term drainage can cause problems such as limited mobility of the affected limb and pain in the patient's armpit, studies that can determine the effect of prolonged drainage on serum incidence may lead to earlier drainage. And the reduction of the resulting complications should be helpful. Therefore, the present study was performed with the aim of The effect of surgical drainage on serum incidence in breast cancer surgery.
Methods: This descriptive cross-sectional study was performed during the years 2018 to 2020 with the participation of 152 patients after breast surgery in the hospitals of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences. Diagnosis of seroma after surgery (for one week) was made by a physician and the factors affecting its formation were collected in the data collection form. Data were compared by Chi-square test.
Results: The mean age of the study participants was 46 years; Tumor size in most participants was less than two centimeters; The stage of the disease was in the majority of participants I, II and in most of them the breast mass was completely removed. The surgical drain remained in the majority of participants for 5 to 9 days.
Conclusion: The prevalence of seroma in this study was 35%; The results of this study showed that the type of surgical device, the number of days of drain use, as well as the stage of the disease and the type of surgery performed on the breast have no role in the incidence of seroma.
- J.M. Soler, E. Artacho, J.D. Gale, A. García, J. Junquera, P. Ordejón and D. Sánchez-Portal, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 14, 2745. (2002).
2. J.P. Perdew, Physical Review B, 33, 8822. (1986).
3. N. Troullier and J.L. Martins, Physical review B, 43, 1993. (1991).
4. W.P. Anderson, T.R. Cundari, R.S. Drago and M.C. Zerner, Inorganic Chemistry, 29, 1. (1990); bA.D. Becke, Physical review A, 38, 3098. (1988); cJ.P. Perdew, K. Burke and M. Ernzerhof, Physical review letters, 77, 3865. (1996); dF. Neese, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Computational Molecular Science, 2, 73. (2012).
5. J.-F. Pan, Z.-K. Chen, S.-J. Chua and W. Huang, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 105, 8775. (2001).
6. M. Rezvani, M.D. Ganji, S. Jameh-Bozorghi and A. Niazi, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 194, 57. (2018).
7. R.S. Mulliken, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 23, 1833. (1955); bF.M. Bickelhaupt, N.J. van Eikema Hommes, C. Fonseca Guerra and E.J. Baerends, Organometallics, 15, 2923. (1996).
8. C. Fonseca Guerra, J.W. Handgraaf, E.J. Baerends and F.M. Bickelhaupt, Journal of computational chemistry, 25, 189. (2004).
9. M. Ghahramanpour, S. Jamehbozorgi and M. Rezvani, Adsorpt., 1. (2020); bJ.W. Lauher and J.A. Ibers, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 96, 4447. (1974); cN. Verdal, P.M. Kozlowski and B.S. Hudson, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 109, 5724. (2005).
10. W.P. Anderson, T.R. Cundari and M.C. Zerner, International journal of quantum chemistry, 39, 31. (1991).
11. Z. Gong and J.B. Lagowski, Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, 729, 211. (2005).
12. A. Irfan and A.G. Al-Sehemi, Journal of molecular modeling, 18, 4893. (2012); bC. Qin and A.E. Clark, Chemical physics letters, 438, 26. (2007); cS. Dheivamalar and K.B. Banu, Heliyon, 5, e02903. (2019).
- 13. A. Shalabi, A. El Mahdy, M. Assem, H. Taha and K. Soliman, Journal of nanoparticle research, 16, 2579. (2014).
14. O.V. de Oliveira and A. da Silva Gonçalves, Computational Chemistry, 2, 51. (2014).
15. A.K. Srivastava, S.K. Pandey and N. Misra, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 177, 437. (2016).
16. R.G. Parr and R.G. Pearson, Journal of the American chemical society, 105, 7512. (1983).
17. A. Mishra and P. Bäuerle, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 51, 2020. (2012).
18. H. Alavi, R. Ghiasi, D. Ghazanfari and M.R. Akhgar, Rev Roum Chim, 59, 883. (2014).
19. J. Martínez, Chemical Physics Letters, 478, 310. (2009); bZ. Kazemi, R. Ghiasi and S. Jamehbozorgi, Journal of Nanoanalysis, 6, 121. (2019).
20. J.L. Gazquez, A. Cedillo and A. Vela, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 111, 1966. (2007).