Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Tuberculosis and Lung Disease Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Anesthesiologist, Tuberculosis and Lung Disease Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Keywords: Ondansetron, Shivering, Meperidine, Heart Surgery
Postoperative shivering is usually but not always associated with hypothermia. Although thermoregulatory mechanisms have been described in the development of shivering in a hypothermic patient, different causes have been suggested for the explanation of shivering in the patient. One of the proposed mechanisms is based on the observation that the brain and spinal cord do not recover from general anesthesia at the same time. Introduction: Shivering after anesthesia in cardiovascular surgery can be very dangerous and increase the need for oxygen and ultimately lead to damage to heart tissue; Therefore, treatment measures must be taken very quickly. The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and rate of ondansetron with meperidine in the treatment of shivering after general anesthesia after heart surgery.
Material and Methods: Shivering after anesthesia in cardiovascular surgery can be very dangerous and increase the need for oxygen and ultimately lead to damage to heart tissue; Therefore, treatment measures must be taken very quickly. The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and rate of ondansetron with meperi
- Li, J.H. Yum, S.J. Moon, A. Herrmann, F. Eickemeyer, N.G. Pschirer, P. Erk, J. Schöneboom, K. Müllen and M. Grätzel, ChemSusChem, 1, 615. .
- -H. Yum, P. Walter, S. Huber, D. Rentsch, T. Geiger, F. Nüesch, F. De Angelis, M. Grätzel and M.K. Nazeeruddin, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 129, 10320. .
- J. Cid, M. García‐Iglesias, J.H. Yum, A. Forneli, J. Albero, E. Martínez‐Ferrero, P. Vázquez, M. Grätzel, M.K. Nazeeruddin and E. Palomares, Chem. Eur. J., 15, 5130. .
- Yella, H.-W. Lee, H.N. Tsao, C. Yi, A.K. Chandiran, M.K. Nazeeruddin, E.W.-G. Diau, C.-Y. Yeh, S.M. Zakeeruddin and M. Grätzel, science, 334, 629. .
- Mathew, A. Yella, P. Gao, R. Humphry-Baker, B.F. Curchod, N. Ashari-Astani, I. Tavernelli, U. Rothlisberger, M.K. Nazeeruddin and M. Grätzel, Nature chemistry, 6, 242. .
- J. Lind, K.C. Gordon, S. Gambhir and D.L. Officer, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 11, 5598. .
- Lu, L. Feng, T. Akasaka and S. Nagase, Chemical Society Reviews, 41, 7723. ; bM.N. Chaur, F. Melin, A.L. Ortiz and L. Echegoyen, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 48, 7514. ; cD. Bethune, R. Johnson, J. Salem, M. De Vries and C. Yannoni, Nature, 366, 123. ; dT. Hirata, R. Hatakeyama, T. Mieno and N. Sato, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces, and Films, 14, 615. .
- Cioslowski and E.D. Fleischmann, The Journal of chemical physics, 94, 3730. .
- Pavanello, A.F. Jalbout, B. Trzaskowski and L. Adamowicz, Chemical physics letters, 442, 339. ; bH. Malani and D. Zhang, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 117, 3521. .
- Fonseca Guerra, J.W. Handgraaf, E.J. Baerends and F.M. Bickelhaupt, Journal of computational chemistry, 25, 189. .