Document Type : Research Paper
PG and Reseach Department of Chemistry Muthurangam Government Arts College Vellore -632 002
The synthesis, structure and biological activity of carbazole compounds has been long focus of research interests in the field of medicinal chemistry. 5,8-dibromo-5,6-dihydro(3,2-a)carbazole A have prepared in good yield by a free radical bromination reaction of 8-bromo-5,6-dihydro9(3,2-a)carbazole with N-bromosuccinimide in carbontetrachloride at ambient temperature.. Compound 2 have prepared by free radical brimination method in carbontetrachloride at 40°C. Synthesis of compound C have carried out by free radical bromination with 5-bromo-1,2,3,4-tetrahydrocyclopenta(b)indole as reactant, in dichloromethane at ambient temperature. Compound 2, 4, and 6 were synthesized by N-bromoacetylation method using bromoacetylbromide as reactant. All the synthesized compounds were characterized and confirmed by various instrumental techniques Viz, UV-visible, FTIR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR and Mass spectroscopy. All the synthesized compounds were subjected to the antibacterial evaluation with standard Ciprofloxacin. The results showed that the synthesized compounds exhibit excellent antibacterial activity.
- T. Eicher; S. Hauptmann, The Chemistry of Heterocycles: Structure, Reactivity, Synthesesand Applications; Thieme-Verlag: New York (1995).
- W.J. Houlihan, W.A. Remers, R.K. Brown, Indoles, Wiley: New York (1992).
- B. R. J. sunberg, The Chemistry of Indoles: Part I, Academic Press: New York(1996).
- I. S. Biradar, S.Y. Manjunath, Indian J. Chem., 43B, 389 (2004).
- S. S. Panda, P. V. R. Chawdary, J. Pharma. Sci., 70, 208 (2008).
- G. S. Singh, S. Boll, Chem. Form.,133, 76 (1994).
- J. L. Stanton, M. H. Ackerman; J. Med Chem., 26, 986 (1983).
- K. Kaminnski, J. Obninska, Bio. Org. Med. Chem., 16, 4921 (2008).
- Archana, P. Rani, K. Bajaj, V. K. Srivastava, A. Kumar, A. Forsch, Drug. Res., 53, 301 (2003).
- S. Sharma, V. K. Srivastava, A. Kumar, Indian. J. Chemistry., 41B, 2647 (2002).
- K. Bajaj, V. K. Srivastava, S. Lata, R. Chandra, A. Kumar, Indian. J. Chem., 42B, 1723 (2003).
- B. J. Brimmer, A. Jonatha, Coates and Wicthard, Tetrahedron., 44, 8741 (2003).
- V. Alagaramy, P. Parthiban, Rasayan journal of chemistry, 4, 24 (2011).
- V. Klink, G.van Koten, G. Green Chem., 5, 470 ( 2003).
- A. Rajashegaran, P. P. Thambi, Eur. J. Chem., 40, 1359 (2005).
- Y. Waki, H. J. Tanaka,. Org. Chem. 68, 3938 (2003).
- X. Tao, Y. Qian, J. Huang, Chem. Commun., 24, 1444 (2003).
- J. Walker, Chem. Rev. 93, 1937 (1993).
- G. Gribble, Chem. Soc. Rev. 28, 335 (1999).
- M. Sathiya, S. Guhanathan, World. J. Pharma. Res., 7, 805, (2018).